a. About Genius Research & Consultancy Inc
Genius Research & Consultancy Inc is a Canadian registered Corporation. We help people and organizations to become successful in their activities. Some of our services include helping people and non-profits raise money through grants. We tutor college and university students, so they get good grades. We also provide leadership and business coaching, and we moderate workshops.
b. Objectives of the 2020 Online African-Canadian Youth Career Seminar
The 2020 Online African-Canadian Youth Career Seminar is a course for African-Canadian youth. We bring youth together to explore career paths in a friendly and fun environment. Our objectives are:
1. Engaging African-Canadian youth. Discussing issues that are important to them, including how to succeed in school, university, or college, and how to choose a career path and become successful.
2. Motivating African-Canadian youth to think ahead and make smart decisions about the future. We want to inspire youth with ideas and skills to get into business and prepare for the job market.
3. Educating African-Canadian youth to become responsible citizens; to develop good family and social relationships.
4. Encouraging African-Canadian youth to interact meaningfully with other demographics e.g., seniors, the law, etc.
5. Assisting African-Canadian youth to understand and be proud of their identity. To uphold principles of cultural diversity, anti-racism, and socioeconomic inclusion.
c. Who can take the course?
Any youth who identifies as African-Canadian. Black youths, youths of African ancestral heritage, and white African-Canadians can take the course. A youth must be between 7 and 30 years of age. Under 7 and over 30 don’t qualify.
d. How much is the course?
There are no charges to take the course. It’s free. It comes courtesy of a grant from the Government of Canada.
e. What are some of the expected outcomes?
Youth empowerment, new knowledge, expanded social networks, improved digital skills, renewed desire to succeed, improved behavior, rising levels of confidence, opportunities to volunteer, amazing prizes for attendance, participation, and turning in assignments. Resources and support to plan, register, and manage a business, or follow a promising career path. A colorful Certificate of Completion.
f. How do I register? How long is the course?
Copy and paste this url in your browser https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HXKL9PF. Fill out and submit the form. Contact email@example.com if you have difficulties registering. A link to join the course on Zoom will be send to your email address in advance for classes. The course runs from Oct 3 to Dec 19. Instruction will be every Saturday from 10-12 for 18 to 30-year olds, and 2-3pm for 7 to 17-year olds.
g. Who is the teacher?
Dr. Maxwell Zhira, an African-Canadian and a holder of a dual PhD from the University of Alberta, is the principal instructor. He will invite guest speakers and seniors to teach on various subjects.